The Oakville Whitecaps All-Star / Select program is part of Oakville Little League and provides players with additional opportunities to play more competitive baseball. We offer programs for age groups ranging from 7U to 16U.
The teams participate in tournaments both within and outside Little League Ontario’s District 1. The tournaments generally take place on weekends between June and late August.
Players must be a member of an OLL House League team to qualify for Whitecaps. Workout dates are communicated to OLL registered players and are also posted on this website.
The Whitecaps program is an exciting opportunity for your son or daughter to:
- Compete in a high level of competitive baseball
- Learn more in-depth skills and strategies
- Travel with a team
- Proudly represent our League and the Town of Oakville.
The focus of our program is to implement and reinforce the attitudes of team work, positive experiences, and respect of coaches, umpires, peers, and players.
Managers Expectations of Themselves
As managers representing Oakville Little League, we are determined to provide and follow the expectations below:
- Acting as a role model
- Treating every player with equal respect and fairness
- Arriving to games and practices before players and to have equipment and practices ready
- To convey all information in a timely and orderly fashion
- To teach skills acquired from previous years of playing and coaching
- To provide a safe and fun learning environment
Managers Expectations of All-Star/Select Players
Please read the following coaches expectations and criteria for selecting players for the Oakville Little League All-Star/Select Program. Please go through the explanation of all criteria as listed below with your son or daughter prior to tryouts, so that they are aware of what they will be evaluated on.
Players interested in attending the All-Star/Select Team selection process and wishing to be considered for an All-Star/Select team at any level, must attend each session. Players cannot miss any tryouts, unless approved by the selection committee.
The basic selection criteria will contain the following ideals:
- Skill level and ability to compete
- Attitude, hustle, team spirit, team leadership
- Overall character, integrity, sportsmanship, and attitude (coach-ability)
All-Star Selection Process
To review the complete All-Star Selection Process Document, please click on this link: All-Star Selection Process
EVERYTHING YOU WANTED TO KNOW ABOUT ALL-STAR/SELECT SELECTION
(AKA – How do they select the All-Star/Select Team and why isn’t my child on it?)
To review the Parent Communication document in detail, please click on this link: Parent Communication
To review the Player Communication document in detail, please click on this link: Player Commitment
If the Oakville Little League Whitecaps All-Star/Select program is of interest to you and your son or daughter, we encourage you to come out to tryouts.
If you have any questions about the program please send an email to Brennan Carson, Whitecaps Coordinator at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to seeing everyone at tryouts.