Oakville Little League has Codes of Conduct for Coaches, Players, Parents and Spectators. Foul language or taunting at any level by the players, parents, managers, or coaches will not be tolerated. Any spectator, player, manager or coach that is warned is subject to being ejected from the premises and banned from the complex for additional games.
If everyone acts within the guidelines of the Codes of Conduct a fun and memorable experience will be had by all.
Players Code of Conduct
As a player in the Oakville Little League I understand that I am expected to abide by the Player’s Code of Conduct guidelines described below:
- I will respect the game, my teammates, my coaches and the umpires.
- I will never argue an umpire’s call.
- I will not make comments to an umpire from the field or bench.
- I will never argue a coach’s decision.
- I will settle disagreements with coaches and other players in a confidential / private manner after games and practices and away from other players.
- I will never fault other players when mistakes occur.
- I will always listen to and look at a coach while they are talking.
- I will always be in control of my temper.
- I understand that swearing, throwing equipment (bats and helmets) or any other actions that detract from the game will result in immediate removal from the game and possible suspension.
- I will work hard for myself and my team.
- I will take pride in myself and everything I do on the ball field.
- I will make ever effort to maximize my playing ability.
- I will lead by being an example for my teammates.
- I will ALWAYS play by the rules.
- I will always show up on time for games and practices.
- I understand that the goals of playing Oakville Little League House League are to have fun and develop my baseball skills and create team spirit.
Coaches Code of Conduct
As a manager or coach of an Oakville Little League team, I hereby pledge to provide positive support, care, and encouragement for each child participating in Oakville Little League by following this Code of Conduct:
- I will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all children, managers and coaches (including those of an opposing team). This applies to every game, practice, or any other Oakville Little League eventI will encourage good sportsmanship by demonstrating positive support for all umpires, league officials and parents at every game or event.
- I will place the emotional and physical well being of all children on all teams ahead of any personal desire to win.
- I will ask my players to treat all other players, coaches, umpires, league officials, and parents with respect.
- I promise to help my players enjoy Oakville Little League by being respectful to all players, coaches, umpires league officials, and parents.
- I will insist that my players are in a safe and healthy environment.
- I will demand a drug, alcohol, and tobacco-free sports environment for my players and agree to assist by refraining from their use at all Oakville Little League games, practices and events.
- I will remember that Oakville Little League baseball is for children and not for adults.
- I will do all I can to make the game fun and safe for all the children involved in Oakville Little League.
- I understand that Oakville Little League is a volunteer organization that requires all parents to participate in activities, such as field preparation, umpiring, snack-bar duty, and scorekeeping. I therefore agree to enlist the support of all the parents of my players in this effort.
- I agree to be trained in the responsibilities of being an Oakville Little League Manager or Coach, including attending all manager meetings and training clinics.
Parents Code of Conduct
As a parent of a child playing in the Oakville Little League, I agree to and will comply with the Parent’s Code of Conduct outlined below:
- I will remember that my child plays for his or her enjoyment, not for mine.
- I will always encourage my child to play by the rules.
- I will always encourage my child to respect the coaches, their teammates and the umpires.
- I will never criticize umpire’s judgment or direct negative comments towards them.
- I will not be a “Grand Stand” Manager during games or practices.
- I will always address any questions or concerns to the Coaching staff at the appropriate time, defined as after games or practices and away from the players.
- I will do my best to be a supportive, involved parent without interfering with the operation of the team.
- I realize that I have enrolled my child to have fun, develop their baseball skills and have a positive team experience and will do my best to support these objectives.
- I understand that the game of baseball is very difficult to learn and play.
- I will remember that children learn best by example. I will applaud the good plays by both my child’s team and their opponents.
- I will teach my child that trying their hardest despite the score or situation is extremely important.
- I understand that the goals of playing Oakville Little League House League are to have fun, develop my child’s baseball skills and create team spirit.
- I understand that MY not abiding by the guidelines of this Parents Code of Conduct or by displaying any other inappropriate conduct will result in my being asked to leave the ball park and may possibly result in my child not playing.